Friday 19 October 2018

Art is You, Stamford CT


I had such a wonderful time, taking two classes and selling in the vintage market. . . and while I was reveling in the friendships and cameraderie, I did not take very many photos.  A blog for me is all about the photos, so I am definitely gonna have to get used to clicking the camera everywhere I go!



Our days started with breakfast.
They always seated me at a table with others, so I got to meet a lot of people I didn't take class with.

FIRST CLASS:  TEACHING YOUR PASSION with Marjie Kemper  click on her name to learn more

Marjie is an amazing mixed media collage artist.

Tips and tricks to photographing your project for a class. 


And how to make a video of ourselves teaching.
I may yet get pulled into social media for my business. . . oh my!

 My booth at the Art Trunk.
What was best about selling is that things I knew should have a market out in the world, actually sold here!  A new friend directed me to a site where more things will sell.  
Sales and new friends, what could be better!


SECOND CLASS:  DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS OF GEL PRINTING with Carolyn Dube
Click on her name to see photos from all the classes she taught.

Stencils with gel printing

 Working on four gels at once. . . 
. . . I'm gonna need some more gel plates!

 The Rock, as a way to understand color theory.
How I love Carolyn's sense of humor!



 When your work does not go as planned.


 I don't wear gloves, so you can imagine what my hands looked like during this class.
(I know, more photos needed).






Teachers having a last breakfast together.
The next Art is You on the US East Coast will be in 2020.
I'd like to be there, who knows, maybe even teaching!

2 comments:

KENT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KENT said...

You should be a teacher next time. Its mostly rewarding, as Berke might say? Its worked for me in some wonderful ways for 30+ years.