Thursday 20 August 2020

Stenciling with Seth Apter

Well, he wasn't actually here, but his designs were and  I loved using them!

 I use a traveler's notebook as a catalog for my art supplies.  Instead of putting samples in my catalog, last month I gathered the stencils and dies I have that were designed by Seth Apter and made this page in my art journal.  To get the full scope of this stencil I needed a larger space.  And his designs all work so well together, it was fun to use them to get creative.


I used acrylic paint for the stencils.  Book pages and gel prints from my stash for the die cuts.  The background is spray inks, water based stamp pads, and a generous amount of water spritzed on. 


 Close-ups of mixed media pages

I added my signature handwritten French paper scraps.  
Stickles and Liquid Pearls for  dimension.


This month's StencilClub from Stencil Girl is a mash-up between
Seth Apter & Mary Beth Shaw.
How could I not sign up?

Distress inks in rainbow colors applied thru the stencil

Scribble writing with dip pen & permanent ink.

There was so much juicy color left on the stencil, I spritzed it with water and laid the back side on the adjoining page.  Alone it didn't look like much, specially where the yellow inked images were.  But by scribble writing over the stencil, the light colors stand out and I got to write out some of the things that've been bothering me lately.

1 comment:

KENT said...

It’s pleasant to have color warm the heart and soul