Saturday 15 May 2021

Day 1

Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio

Berke & I left Friday morning at about 6:30 am.  The car packed with suitcases, sandwich fixings, snacks.  Oh and cardboard boxes for packing up the things from my mom's house.

One last look at my fav Dogwood tree.  
By the time we get back the white flowers will probably be replaced by green leaves.

Taking non-blurry photographs from a fast moving car is not easy!
Often we were past a thing before I had a chance to take a photo.

This was my view out the front window for most of the driving day.  
I took a lot of shots, but honestly they all look about the same.

Towards the end of the day the sky in Ohio was glorious.

Another view out my window.

Road trips are all sorts of things -- fun; tedious; a chance to see the country, even if it's mostly from a fast moving car.  There are opportunities to talk - a lot; and then again, opportunities to be quiet.  We're going out for my mom's memorial service, so I've been thinking about her and my dad a lot.  

I'm glad Berke has never minded listening to my stories, even the ones I've told before, cuz well I keep being reminded of family stories and sharing them with him.  That is one thing I really liked about my mom -- her stories about her childhood.  She & her best friend used to get into the wackiest situations and I loved hearing them over and over again.

Day one done. One-fifth of the trip outbound is done.

1 comment:

KENT said...

That's a good start ya all. Is Disneyland on your west coast list? I am flying out to San Fran on Wednesday and am looking forward to seeing some family after a year. Keep them pics coming and be safe.