Tuesday 18 May 2021

Day 4

 Texas, New Mexico, Arizona

Berke's family homesteaded 5 acres in the California desert when he was 5 years old.  He's loved the desert ever since.  Even if I might be more of an ocean and mountains girl, that love of the desert has rubbed off on me.  I'm pretty sure our son loves the desert just as much as his dad.

Monday our drive took us through that glorious part of the Southwest.
I think it was my favorite day of travel.


A large wind farm in Texas.

New Mexico scenery.  It speaks for itself.






There was a bit of rain this day too . . . 
. . . but it just made for some magnificent cloud formations.






Tomorrow we drive to California.

1 comment:

KENT said...

I assume that you two made it and are soundly enjoying the southern CA weather and lifestyle. It's nothing like those stodgy New Englanders. How about those interstates? Years ago I flew back to Virginia to pick up a household of furniture from my grandmothers estate. I rented a large Uhaul truck, loaded it up top to bottom and proceeded to drive back across the country to Denver. Little did I know how terribly awful much of the interstate system is back East. HUGE potholes and bumps. When I arrived in denver and opened the back of the truck up, everything that had glass in it, like antique mirrors, were shattered. In retrospect, I now know that one can rent a truck with "cushion" rides.
Enjoy your travels in CA and the friendship of family and the familiarity of places. I just got back from San Fran to see a brother and talk with a producer about designing three musical in the city in 2022. The trip was a resounding success, and San Fran is as beautiful as ever.